A month back I posted in the paranormal hauntings community a question ‘Has anyone here ever been abducted by aliens’, I was not sure at the time of posting if it would be taken seriously or not…
I did stress on the post that I would be keeping a eye on the post to ensure nobody made a joke of anyone’s stories and this seemed to work and it triggered off quite a big response with quite a few speaking out about their alien encounters….
I think its quite ignorant to believe that we are the only living species living on a plant. If you think of the scale of how big space is, we are barely a dot within a structure that is so vast. Do aliens come to visit us here though on planet earth and are they scooping people up, experimenting on them and bringing them back? That I am not so sure of but I do believe the phenomena does exist and that people who claim to have been abducted by aliens are retelling a experience that to them has 100% happened.
Alien abduction is often considered as a topic which laughed at and there are a few key traits within the phenomena which could fit into being able to understand it and maybe even explain it. Professor McNally conducted a study into the phenomena , which suggests maybe we should take it more seriously and if it is not aliens abducting these people there is a few explanations :
- MOSTLY REPORTED BY HEALTHY PEOPLE– Many of those people who claim to be ‘alien abductees’ are seemingly sincere, psychologically healthy, nonpsychotic people.
- SLEEP PARALYSIS– Many people who have reported alien abduction suffer episodes of early morning sleep paralysis. On awakening from this paralysis, their terror gives rise to hallucinations of flashing lights and buzzing sounds. Some experience feelings of ‘floating’ around the room or seeing figures in the room. While many people interpret these post-sleep paralysis experiences as dreaming, some people interpret these experiences as seeing figures, ghosts, or aliens.
- FALSE MEMORY SYNDROME – In an elegant set of experimental studies, McNally and colleagues found that individuals who claimed to have been abducted by aliens were prone to what is known as “false memory syndrome.” That is, ‘alien abductees’ regularly claimed to recall words, items, sentences, etc. in memory tests that they had never actually seen before. If this “false memory” effect can be generalized to autobiographical memories, then individuals who claim to have been abducted by aliens would be twice as likely to “falsely remember” things that had never happened to them than would non-abductees.
- NEW AGE BELIEFS– Some abductees score highly on measures of magical ideation and endorse New Age ideas that encompass beliefs about alternative medicines and healing, astrology, and fortune telling. Such beliefs would certainly allow the individual to accept things happening to them that would be dismissed by existing scientific knowledge.
- CULTURAL – Alien abductees tend to be very familiar with this cultural narrative which is one possible reason why their descriptions of aliens and their spaceships are so similar—being fuelled as they are by sci-fi films and numerous books about aliens and alien abduction.
Other researchers into the phenomena, also suggests there is numerous other traits between all abductees but one thing is made clear within Professor McNelly studies and that is
‘These people are not anxious nor depressed, they are not psychotic and do not appear to have any obvious mental health problems. ‘Alien abduction’ experiences often deepen spiritual awareness and give shape to the identities of abductees and provide a basis for their beliefs about the world and the universe. Whether the experiences of abduction were real or not, the experiences and interpretations adopted by ‘alien abductees’ are often psychologically helpful and can be spiritually comforting’.
This leads me on to our members who posted their experiences and after reading the above you may be not so quick to mock the experiences.
Whether they have had a true alien encounter is up to you to decide but what I do believe is they have 100% experienced something and are simply not just ‘Making it up’.
Samantha L Brayton-Carter – Yes I think, well, I had a dream that while laying on my bed, the bed started levitating and spinning, the wall of the house in my bedroom was torn away and I started being sucked into a “tornado” but when I looked up there were lights of a UFO. Next thing I know I was gently put back onto the ground, and my mom and grandma run up to me asking if I was ok and then the UFO flew off down the street. I mentioned something about “my powers” and took off running after the UFO. I then woke up..it was so vivid that I wonder if it really happened and the house was just “fixed” somehow, or was it just a meaningful dream.
ANON: Maybe, but not sure. It was Thanksgiving of 1969, my family was on the way to our friends home for a late dinner and to stay the night. We were supposed to pick up French bread on the way over. We lived in the most rural part of St. Martinville, Louisiana. We rented a house in a sugar cane plantation, very secluded at the end of a quarter mile driveway. The road into town was lightly travelled, and unlit. I loved to go out on clear nights to see the stars. And for about 6 weeks I had been seeing strange craftS in the air, spherical, lighted all over, and very fast. My whole family watched with me, but after a while it was usually just me. On several occasions I went out to sky watch, usually around 8:00 p.m. and go back in about 11:00p.m. I’d go in, and my parents would say where have you been? You weren’t supposed to leave the yard. I would tell them I didn’t hear them calling me, or see them looking for me, and I had been there all along. It never, ever, occurred to me that I had missing time those nights. On the occasion of Thanksgiving, we pulled onto the road, drove a short distance, and noticed a massive craft the size of a football field, sitting in the sugar cane field. Dad pulled over, and said let’s go see. Only he and I got out of the car and walked to the craft. Mom and my 3 siblings stayed in the car. We stopped and looked up to see the top, and just felt awed. That thing was just huge! Dad and I both reached out to touch it. Next thing I know, we are all in the car on the way to our friends house in the pitch black dark. Dad tried to report it to Project Blue Book, but they said they weren’t doing that any more. Dad stopped talking about it after that, my siblings always said they didn’t know anything about it, and I thought that was the end of it. Then last year my Mom, age 83, was reminiscing with me, and really shocked me by asking, “Do you remember when we saw that big spaceship on the side of the road in St. Martinville?
Melissa Proctor Swanson: No but my dad, 2 aunts and 2 uncles were all together one night and saw a UFO above their car. They got out, and it came down extremely low. It actually shot light down on the car. They said they were basically paralyzed with fear. They have no idea how long it was there, but an hour later, they were back in their car, driving home. They have no memory of anything else happening. It was reported to authorities, but they were laughed at. It would have been in rural Arkansas in the 1960s.
Dave Troth: I remember only once in my 68 years of being here a strange experience, I was not abducted but I remember I fell asleep and found my self on a table and I was being examined by these creatures then suddenly the dream ended and I woke up but had no fear from the dream.
Tee Rawnsley: No not me personally but my mother had an experience as a younger child, she recalls many around her bed on night who looked alien looking with elongated arms, she recalls the situationalmost looking like a medical procedure about to be done on her.
Randa Leigh: My dad swears I was when I was a toddler. He said he went to check on me and couldn’t fine me for like an hour or so, he called the cops and everything, then I popped up in the living room and told them that aliens were my new friends….
Chelsea Reed: I was visited by one when I was asleep a few years ago. It was pretty intense. In my dream I was laying in my bed looking at my bedroom door and saw the light on from the space between the door and floor then I heard in the strangest voice which sounded like a combo of an alien robotic tone and evil entity tone say “what are you?”, I was terrified and told it to go away. The bedroom walls looked like in the movie the matrix when the green numbers are running up and down. This is where it gets weird though, the next day my husband who never remembers his dreams told me he had the craziest dream last night and without telling him my dream, I asked him what it was and he said there were numbers running down our bedroom wall and the roof of our house was on fire. That’s when I told him about the dream I had that night too. I was so disturbed and confused for awhile after that and then I just blocked it out of my mind and keep telling myself it was just a dream but come on really? I don’t know exactly what happened but it didn’t feel like just a dream to me it felt like I was being visited by someone or something….